Future of Vertica?

Moderator: NorbertKrupa

Brett
Beginner
Beginner

Future of Vertica?

Post by Brett » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 am

It has come into question at my company as to what is the future of Vetrica? Is it the best tech we should being infesting in? We're thinking into the future. Will Vertica still be here 5 years from now?

NorbertKrupa
GURU
GURU

Re: Future of Vertica?

Post by NorbertKrupa » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:17 pm

In my opinion, Vertica is not an entry-level platform. It definitely has it's place as a strong analytics platform. I can't comment on whether it's the right solution for you (I don't know what you need).

I'm pretty confident it will still be here in 5 years (I'm betting my career on it).
Checkout vertica.tips for more Vertica resources.

Benjamin_e

Post by Benjamin_e » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

I Agree with norbertk, I'm working with few more OLAPs and they are far less better then the vertica solution. but still all depends on what is your company needs.

adrian.oprea
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adrian.oprea » Tue May 12, 2015 2:41 pm

I really think that HP needs to do a better job in promoting and making a better brand for Vertica Database.
trying so hard !!!

NorbertKrupa
GURU
GURU

Post by NorbertKrupa » Tue May 12, 2015 4:16 pm

adrian.oprea wrote:I really think that HP needs to do a better job in promoting and making a better brand for Vertica Database.
What are they not doing sufficiently enough?
Checkout vertica.tips for more Vertica resources.

adrian.oprea
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adrian.oprea » Tue May 12, 2015 4:50 pm

norbertk wrote:
adrian.oprea wrote:I really think that HP needs to do a better job in promoting and making a better brand for Vertica Database.
What are they not doing sufficiently enough?
Well in my area they are not present ! Actually they are here fiscally but ...... That is one point !
They hire salespersons(with no exp to manage new born softs), that use contractors(you know how contractors are ! ) to promote them and their POC development.
Globally there is no Vertica presence ! Probably only in US (take a look at the job offers grouped by country)- you will get my point.
Documentation is only good(internals) when comes from any ex or actual HP employee.
Don't get me wrong ! I am grateful to HP for giving life to Vertica(i provide for my family working with it) as it is but they should do a better job. Most likely i am not the one to teach them how to do it but i am in titled to my opinion.
This forum alone,your blog(You work for HP) and some other on the web are doing more for the Vertica Community then they do.
trying so hard !!!

vlindem25

Post by vlindem25 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:13 pm

We recently switched over to a new community site: https://community.dev.hpe.com/t5/Vertic ... og_vertica and more promotional material is in the works since the HP/HPE split. Hopefully this will help!
I work for Vertica.

Return to “General”